Being a student and trying to save money is hard! Trust me! But I have found a few ways to save money and I’d like to share! You don’t need to give up social events or shopping if you want to live on a budget. These tips will help you save for when you do need to make purchases:
1. Sign up for free on E-BATES: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=wacvqmdAs61WnQlI%2BTpk5Q%3D%3D&eeid=28187
– Search for any online store and see if they have discounts available
– You get cash back after purchases (so they pay you for shopping!)
Right now they have an 8% cash back off at Sephora.com etc. That means if you buy your makeup online at Sephora through Ebates, you will get an 8% cash back from your order! Say if a makeup product was $100 on Sephora, you would get $8 from E-bates! It adds up! So don’t buy in store.
2. Get Uber and Lyft apps on your phone and get your first ride for free!
- Lyft $50 promo code: SHREE770673
- Uber $10 promo code: shreep298ue
3. Sell your stuff on Poshmark!
– Sell what you aren’t wearing or using anymore. You can sell your clothes on your phone on Poshmark, or even trade some clothes with other sellers.
4. Coupon codes on retailmenot.com
– Besides online savings, you can save money shopping in stores by looking through this website first to see if they have any coupon codes to enter during checkout! It’s free and you don’t need to sign up!
5. Access student discounts!
– If you are a student, take advantage of your ID. It grants you discounts on items such as movie tickets and computers. The discounts are especially advantageous when it comes to traveling. Amtrak and Greyhound both offer discounts for students. Even Target.com offers student discounts. Check the website for student advantage! https://www.studentadvantage.com/discountcard/
I hope this helped a bit! Every little helps and it does add up!